Official Launch of Brew Safer!
As a scientist, safety professional, and craft beer enthusiast, I am thrilled to announce the launch of Brew Safer (website), a new branch of Spotlight Safety. Brew Safer provides industry-specific safety development and support for craft breweries and distilleries.
Craft breweries and distilleries often start as hobbies and passion projects that then take the next step to pursue a dream. We are committed to helping organizations protect that dream.
What We Offer
On top of the many challenges facing those running a successful business, breweries and distilleries face many regulatory requirements and safety program responsibilities. At Spotlight Safety and Brew Safer, we are passionate about working with organizations to develop and maintain safe and compliant workplace safety programs.
Given the size and scope of Environmental Health & Safety regulations, we recognize that building a comprehensive workplace safety program from the ground up is no small feat. For those new to the safety landscape, the principle of “You Don’t Know What You Don’t Know” represents a significant barrier to developing comprehensive safety policies and practices.
The good news is we are here to help! We take pride in helping companies every step of the way to achieve safer workplaces and full compliance.
Our step-by-step process includes:
- Assessing overall safety needs
- Conducting facility assessments and safety inspections
- Applying for required permits and licenses (e.g., wastewater, boilers, etc.)
- Developing required manuals, written safety policies, and programs, including:
- Emergency Action Plans
- Hazard Communication Plans
- Confined Space Access Policies
- Lockout/Tagout (LOTO) Policies
- Powered Industrial Trucks (Forklifts) Policies (if used)
- Personal Protective Equipment Policies
- Hearing Protection Policies (if deemed necessary following an assessment)
- Respirator Use Policies (if deemed necessary following an assessment)
- Hazardous Materials Management Programs
- Customizing and providing new employee and annual refresher trainings
- Performing process risk assessments
- Providing and maintaining necessary emergency response equipment and supplies.
We Stay With You
Once a comprehensive safety program is in place, Brew Safer offers additional services that focus on ongoing program oversight, maintenance, and regulatory compliance. This continuing support reduces the need to hire or dedicate valuable in-house resources for safety program management.
Examples of ongoing support services include: Facility inspections, chemical inventory and Safety Data Sheet management, safety equipment and supply checks, employee training, safety committee meeting coordination, and periodic manual and policy reviews, as needed.
Ultimately, our goal is to provide owners and managers with the peace of mind that their employees, facilities, and businesses are safe from harm.
For more information about the services provided by Brew Safer, please check out our website at www.brewsafer.com. If you have any questions or know of anyone who may be interested in our support, we would love to hear from you. Please email Corey Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 423-708-5433.