Laboratory Inventory Specialist I
General Position Description:
Laboratory Inventory Specialists at Spotlight Safety work closely with Safety Consultants and Laboratory
Operations Specialists to provide clients with chemical, equipment, and consumable inventory
This position requires employees to leverage existing knowledge of organization and record keeping
procedures to efficiently complete tasks and meet client needs.
This is a part–time, as–needed, project–based position. The hourly rate range is $20 – $30, depending on
Location: Onsite at client locations in the Boston/Cambridge area.
- Provide onsite inventory management services, including labeling, tracking, and RFID barcoding
- Assist with the maintenance of inventory records in Excel or client software systems
- Willingness to be in close proximity to and handle closed hazardous chemical containers
- Follow Spotlight Safety policies and procedures
- Properly manage records and supplies
- Prior experience in the field of inventory management preferred
- Previous work experience in a customer service or hospitality role preferred
- High attention to detail
- Familiarity with basic Microsoft Office functions
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Professional demeanor and patience
- Punctuality and efficiency
- Versatility and adaptability in a variable work environment
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Personal vehicle with the ability to travel to clients located throughout the Greater Boston area on
a project basis (monthly travel stipend provided)
Interested in Applying?
- Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and the position in the subject line
- We look forward to hearing from you!
Spotlight Safety is an Equal Opportunity Employer.