Senior Safety Consultant
General Position Description:
Safety Consultants at Spotlight Safety work closely with client Laboratory and Facilities Managers, EHS Teams, and Operations Staff to help keep workspaces safe and in compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
To efficiently complete tasks and meet client needs, this position requires employees to leverage existing knowledge of R&D laboratory environments, as well as previous familiarity with lab permits, safety walkthroughs, hazardous waste management, and other common lab safety concepts.
This is a full-time, salaried position with a starting annual salary of $82,000-$122,000 depending on previous experience. In addition to a competitive salary, employees in this position can expect to receive sign-on, onboarding, and performance bonuses when completing job responsibilities in good standing.
Onsite at client locations multiple days per week in the Greater Boston area, with work from home opportunities as client schedules allow.
- Lead onsite safety efforts and safety program management at client locations
- Develop, review, and customize of safety program deliverables, including safety manuals, policy documents, signage and lab postings, memos, and newsletters
- Lead client local, state, and federal permitting and licensing needs
- Perform laboratory and facility safety walkthroughs
- Lead client risk assessments, job safety analyses, and gap analyses
- Communicate with client personnel to report safety hazards, alarms, or compliance issues
- Lead safety committee and Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC) meetings
- Review client-specific documentation and maintain accurate safety documents and records
- Initiate and lead special projects with other safety and lab ops team members
- Additional projects as determined by client needs
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry, or related scientific or environmental field preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in a safety field considered
- 2+ years hands-on experience in a research laboratory or similar R&D setting required
- 3+ year of safety, EHS, or lab manager experience in a lab setting required (5+ years preferred)
- Familiarity with laboratory permitting requirements preferred
- Familiarity with hazardous waste regulations and handling preferred
- Previous work experience in a customer service or hospitality role preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Professional demeanor and patience
- Exceptional attention to detail and organization
- Punctuality and efficiency
- Versatility and adaptability in a variable work environment
- Strong computer skills, including the use of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Personal vehicle with the ability to travel to clients located throughout the Greater Boston area on a daily basis (monthly stipend provided)
- Mobile phone with reliable cell service (monthly stipend provided)
Interested in Applying?
- Send your resume to email@example.com with your name and the position in the subject line.
- We look forward to hearing from you!
Spotlight Safety is an Equal Opportunity Employer.